This time around part of our inspired life, we bring in the work of Mr. Ramveer Tanwar, founder of NGO Say Earth is an Environmentalist & TEDx Speaker. He has been passionate about water conservation since his student life. During his graduation Ramveer started a campaign Jal Chaupal in Gautam Budhha Nagar district of Uttar Pradesh, urging people to conserve water and to save natural resources like ponds and lakes. Ramveer has been trained in Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB), MOEF, Govt. of India. He has also been appointed district co-coordinator of the ‘BhujalSena’ initiative by the government of Uttar Pradesh.
For conservation of groundwater, Ramveer Tanwar started the cleaning and rejuvenation of the lakes and ponds. Since 2015, Ramveer and his team have restored nearly 20 Ponds & Lakes in different states of India, i.e. Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Haryana, Punjab and are now guiding and motivating people all over India for the same cause. During his restoration initiatives, he
has received tremendous support from students, local communities, CSR help from various Corporates, NGOs and environmental enthusiasts, who came forward and joined him on numerous occasions to rejuvenate ponds.
Speaker: Mr. Tanwar has been a keynote speaker for environment awareness in different colleges & universities including IIT (BHU), JNU Delhi, IISER Kolkata, Amity Noida etc. as well as in Corporate sector – Indian Oil, Infosys, Zeiss etc.
#SelfieWithPond: In year 2018 Ramveer Tanwar and team started an online campaign on social media called #SelfieWithPond. The motive of this campaign was to connect the youth with ponds and lakes. This campaign got huge support and connected more than 10,000 people from all over the world (India, US, UK, Europe etc.).
Awards & Recognition: Ramveer has received multiple accolades for his exceptional work in waterbodies rejuvenation.
International Awards: Shining World Protection Award from Taiwan with grant of USD 10,000 and Rex Karmaveer Chakra Award instituted by ICONGO and the United Nations.
Over 10 National Level Awards: Rashtriya Swayamsiddh Samman, Paryavaran Ratna etc.
Corporate CSR Partners: Honda Cars, Sleepwell, Nagarro, HCL Foundation etc.
NGO CSR Partners: Saytrees, Greenyatra, SAP Executors etc.
What We do?
To address water issues and depleting water tables, Say Earth is working extensively in multiple aspects of water conservation, as under:
- Jal Chaupal – Conservation & Management of water resources
- Pond / Lake Restoration and rejuvenation
- Afforestation – Plantation & Forest making
- Environment awareness Drives
- Maintenance & Sustainability.
How we do?
- Jal Chaupal & Awareness – A platform for discussion on water conservation and water bodies rejuvenation.
- Clean-Up – Removal of non – biodegradable and inorganic waste.
- Rejuvenation – Cleaning, Earth excavation, De-Silting from Pond/Lake; Dam/ Ramp for Bundh formation
- Filtration & Water quality Management – Multilayer Pits, Constructed wet land, Eco/Bio-Remediation etc.
- Rain water harvesting – Creating small check dams, Kunds/well, Ponds, Soak pits, trenches & Artificial water bodies to tap rain water and stream water.
- Afforestation – Plantation, Seedball making &Nursery creation.
- Environment Awareness – Nature walk, Wall painting & waste-to-art workshops
- Landscaping – Fencing, Mini- Nurseries
- Maintenance & Sustainability – Organic farming, Eco-village, Aquatic farming etc.
- Consultancy – Guidance & Advocacy on water conservation & Environmental issues.
We and our team wish Ramveer to continue his great work by Reviving many water Bodies across India. If you are interested to know more about Ramveer’s work you may write into email@example.com.